The North Coast Academy of Sport, in partnership with Trinity Aquatic Centre, Lismore is thrilled to announce the launch of our official swimming program for 2021. The program will commence in July 2021 and continue to January 2022.
The objectives of the program will be:
- To identify and develop talented junior athletes on the North Coast.
- To identify and mentor talented coaches of junior athletes on the North Coast.
- To maintain a swimming program of excellence.
The program will be delivered through weekend camps and training days. Pool and land-based programs will be offered for each athlete, with athletes being encouraged to complete a program commensurate with their age, experience and technical efficiency.
Sports science including video analysis, pool and land-based fitness measures will be used as part of the regular testing procedures for the more advanced athletes. These sports science components will also assist in the professional development of satellite coaches.
Pool Swimmers: Australian Age, Multi-Class, or Open Championship Qualifiers and other talented athletes within 5% of qualifying times for these events are invited to apply to be part of this new and exciting program. Please refer to Swimming Australia’s website or the program information tab on the right, for these times.
Athletes other than pool swimmers: applicants from another sport e.g. SLS surf sports or triathlon will be required to demonstrate potential capacity to progress to standards as mentioned above.
Athlete applicants to be 12 years of age or over in 2021.
For further information please read the Athlete Information Pack found in the Program Information Downloads tab.
Coaches of selected athletes will be invited to apply for satellite coach positions within the program. This enables the coach and athlete to progress together, with the coach being mentored by the Head and Assistant Coaches.
Should a coach wish to apply for the program without an associated athlete, the Academy invites the coach to complete a Swimming Staff online application. Further program information can be accessed via the program information tab on the right.
In line with the current NSW Government Health Orders, the following Covid-19 rules will apply whilst at NCAS events;
- Anyone aged 16yrs and over will be required to present proof of vaccination status upon arrival.
- Masks must be worn when entering and exiting indoor venues.
- Masks must be worn when not on the court/engaging in physical activity in indoor venues.
- No spectators allowed – NCAS events and training will remain closed to spectators.