CONDITIONS OF AGREEMENT (TO BE READ AND SIGNED BY BOTH THE ATHLETE AND HIS / HER PARENT/S OR GUARDIAN/S)
I, the athlete, being offered assistance by the Academy, acknowledge that I have read carefully all material sent to me by the Academy and have properly and truthfully completed all questionnaires and information requested.
I, the athlete, being offered assistance by the North Coast Academy of Sport (NCAS), agree to:
- Complete and return all registration, medical, profile, evaluation and similar forms by the specified due date.
- Keep the Academy fully informed of any changes of address and any medical conditions, injuries, treatments, prescriptions or dietary considerations which should be made known to the Academy.
- Punctually attend all Academy appointments and training sessions. Except under extreme personal circumstances, all Academy sport program obligations, as scheduled, are compulsory. If an athlete is in doubt or unable to attend a scheduled event, approval from the head coach must be sought with as much notice prior to the event. If an athlete cannot attend because he/she is injured or sick, a certificate from a sports physician or doctor must be provided in writing to the Academy office within seven days of the scheduled date.
- Act at all times in a proper and sporting manner.
- Comply with and obey directions given to me by coaches, staff and contractors engaged by the Academy or any other person reasonably having authority of the Academy.
- Acknowledge that the training and coaching given to me could be dangerous if I do not strictly comply with the directions given by the Academy’s Staff, Contractors and Agents. I also acknowledge that I participate in the Academy’s activities at my own risk.
- Not engage in non-approved activities while attending an Academy events, which could adversely affect people, property or reputation.
- Notify Academy program staff immediately of unsafe venues or equipment, injuries you or other people have sustained, or unsafe actions or possible unsafe or prohibited actions of other people.
- Not be under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs, nor consume or carry any alcohol, tobacco or illegal drugs at Academy events.
- Participate in any random drug test conducted by Sport Integrity Australia (formerly ASADA) or its authorised agents.
- Allow the Academy to collect and use personal information, including health and medical information related to the athlete and, when necessary, pass this information amongst Academy staff and onto to other agencies involved with services to sport. Some of the athlete’s personal information may be used by the Academy for publicity and promotional purposes including but not restricted to media releases, social media, radio, television and newspaper interviews, athlete profiles, Academy website, and Academy newsletters, brochures, forms and posters. Such information may be used for the production of material for up to five calendar years after this Agreement’s end date noted below. If the athlete, or any of his / her parent/s or guardian/s does not agree to this clause and wishes to exercise a higher level of privacy on the use of personal information, they must contact the Academy Executive Director/General Manager ASAP to arrange the required level of privacy. If the athlete, or any of his / her parent/s or guardian/s wishes to verify or change the information held by the Academy, they must contact the Academy Executive Director/General Manager. The Academy is committed to the National Privacy Principles.
- Acknowledge your positive involvement with and benefits obtained from the Academy whenever possible during interviews, accepting sports awards, or similar speaking opportunities.
- Acknowledge that in the event of any breach of this agreement, my association with the Academy may be terminated immediately with no refunds due.
- Acknowledge that I will continue to be an athlete of the Academy for a period of 12 months from the date on letter of offer, or until a new squad is selected.
- Acknowledge that if I wish to terminate this agreement early than the specified end date, I must notify the Academy of my intention in writing, and that the Academy has the right to take any actions it sees fit to explore the reasons of the termination before accepting it. If the agreement is terminated before the end
of the term without reasonable grounds, I may be required to pay the Academy the value of services allocated to me. Furthermore, decisions regarding (a) whether reasonable grounds exist that justify my termination (b) whether I should be made to pay any money and (c) the amount of money to be paid, shall rest solely with the Executive Director/General Manager of the Academy.
- Acknowledge that I have a right of appeal to any decisions and disciplinary procedures applied to me by the Academy.
An athlete and or his / her family can contact the Academy program head coach and other program staff using the phone number/s provided in the introductory letter of offer to the athlete, and on the squad list provided with the introductory letter.
The Academy office can be contacted by post at: NCAS, PO Box 157, Lismore NSW 2480; by phone on 02-6620 3073; by fax on (02) 6620-3707; or by email on firstname.lastname@example.org.